- QLStephen – A Mac OS X QuickLook Plugin that lets you view plain text files without a file extension. It is useful for reading files like: README, INSTALL, CHANGELOG, Makefile, Rakefile, CapFile.
- QuickNFO – A Mac OS X QuickLook Plugin for previewing NFO files.
- QuickLook JSON – Useful QuickLook Plugin to preview JSON files. It will render files with a colorful view, and will allow to expand or compress nodes in the JSON tree.
- BetterZip Quick Look Generator – QuickLook inside archives. The currently supported archive formats are: ZIP, TAR, GZip, BZip2, ARJ, LZH, ISO, CHM, CAB, CPIO, RAR, 7-Zip, DEB, RPM, StuffIt’s SIT, DiskDoubler, BinHex, and MacBinary.
- QLColorCode – A QuickLook plugin for source code with syntax highlighting.
- QLMarkdown – QLMarkdown is a simple QuickLook generator for Markdown files.
Copy the .qlgenerator files to /Library/QuickLook or ~/Library/QuickLook. Reload QuickLook plugins with this terminal command: qlmanage -r.
Do you know of other handy QuickLook Plugins? Please do share in the comments!
Thanks for this list. In case anyone else google’s there way here, Sindre Sorhus has made it silly easy to install all of these and a few extra goodies using homebrew. https://github.com/sindresorhus/quick-look-plugins