Updated on September 9th, 2016
I now regularly use Easy Engine, which configures all kinds of WordPress setups for you, including automation of HTTPS through Lets Encrypt.
Links below might be outdated. Just check out Easy Engine, there’s all kinds of great tutorials there.
Updated on July 26th, 2013
Do you run your own WordPress servers? On Nginx?
You need to bookmark the excellent WordPress Nginx tutorial series from rtCamp.
They got everything covered. From a bare Ubuntu install to highly optimized servers for MultiSite Networks.
Here is their index of tutorials so far:
- Brew’ing PHP, MySQL & Nginx on Mac OS X
- Install/Upgrade to MySQL 5.6 on Ubuntu 12.04 LTS
- Change WordPress Domain Name
- Character Sets and Collations
- Enable innodb_file_per_table
- Enable Remote Access
- Installing Percona Toolkit
- Using tmpfs for temporary folder creation
- Convert MyISAM to InnoDB
- Using tmpfs for mysqldump & mysqlimport
- Analyse MySQL slow-query-log using mysqldumpslow & pt-query-digest
- mysqlcheck with cron to optimize automatically
- Using MySQLTuner to Optimize MySQL configuration
- Creating A WordPress Multisite Network with Nginx
- Static Files Handling + Nginx-Helper
- Subdirectory, Subdomain, Domain Mapping Overview
- WordPress-Multisite + Domain-Mapping Guide
- Enable gzip compression
- Using $upstream_cache_status in access.log
- Enable Nginx Status Page
- Forwarding Visitor’s Real-IP + Nginx Proxy/Fastcgi backend correctly
- Parsing access.log and error.logs using linux commands
- Debugging Nginx Configuration
- Nginx config for www to non-www and non-www to www redirection
- Optimizing Nginx Configuration
- Installing PhpMyAdmin Quickly
- Moving PHP’s session storage to tmpfs
- Nginx – Enable PHP-FPM Status Page
- PHP-FPM: Socket vs TCP/IP and sysctl tweaking
- APC Cache Optimization & Monitoring Using Web Interface
- Checking if PHP/WordPress can send mails
- Debugging PHP Scripts Using slow_log and more
- Increase file upload size limit in PHP-Nginx
- Increase PHP script execution time with Nginx
- Single Site
- Checklist For Perfect WordPress-Nginx Setup
- Conventions & File System Layout
Yeah, wow, that’s what I thought. Excellent work!